Citrus County residents can save themselves a trip to the Clerk of the Court’s office and in some cases a lawyer’s bill with the agency’s user-friendly Do It Yourself Court Filings service.
The Citrus County Clerk’s office is expanding its Do It Yourself website service to include functions that will save a trip to a government center and lawyer’s office. The website address is https://www.citrusclerk.org/617/Do-It-Yourself-Court-Filings.
The service is meant to make filling out legal forms easier and easier to understand for the following court documents:
· Domestic Violence Injunctions
· Dissolutions of Marriage with Children
· Dissolutions of Marriage without Children
· Small Claims
There is a nominal charge at the end of the service, but domestic violence injunction forms are free.
The TurboCourt service allows the user to walk through an online questionnaire, which then creates the court forms from the responses.
The service is also available around the clock and assists the user in filing their documents to the Clerk’s office. The service also provides instructions on how to file documents electronically through the Florida Courts ePortal.
TurboCourt convenience fees are separate from the Clerk’s filing fees.
When it comes to domestic violence filings, the Clerk of the Circuit Court wants to remind users that:
· For your safety, in person injunctions are filed at the Clerk’s office located in the Courthouse, 110 N. Apopka Ave. Inverness, Florida.
· All injunctions e-filed on the weekend will be processed on the next business day. For emergency domestic situations, please contact law enforcement immediately
· If you need to seek shelter, contact CASA at 352-344-8111.